Before 2008 I have never...
- Run more than 5 miles at a single time.
- Run in a running race of any distance.
- Clipped into pedals (fell while learning how to adjust the tension then again learning to unclip).
- Swam a lap since high school (ocean and pools don't count).
- Heard of zoot, gu, accelerade, body glide, chamois butter, compression tights, chip timing, bonking, Giant, Specialized.
- Thought these letters would mean anything to me: HRM, BPM, V02, T1, T2, AG
- Worn bike shorts & a tri suit.
- Known that there was any difference between triathlon bikes or road bikes.
- Known there was more than one ironman or that there were shorter triathlons.
- Read biking, running, and triathlon magazines.
- Visited the GV section in the school library.
- Been in a real bike shop.
- Ate 4,500 calories a day for nearly a month and LOST weight.
- Created a "Training" category in Quicken. (With subcategories for Swim, Bike, Run)
- Shaved my legs.
P.S. These were