Friday, December 12, 2008

Prima Post

This past summer I decided that since I was turning 30 in 2008 I needed to start doing things which I've never done before. The list never got quite that long. In fact it stopped at two items. One is completing a triathlon and the other was getting a tattoo. I got somewhat addicted to the first and the second never happened.

I completed a sprint distance tri in late August. 1/4 MS, 11 MB, 3 MR. Despite horrible swim numbers, which was expected, I at least got the time I estimated. Since then I've slacked off on swimming, but kept biking and running somewhat regular. The addiction has come because I'm already planning out a 2009 race season. Here's what I've got planned so far. I've already confirmed my entry to the Timberman 70.3 and Nation's Tri. Yes, I need to get my swimming in order to survive 1.2 miles.

Sunday 2/22/2009 - Hyannis Half Marathon (not sure if I want to drive this far to run)
Sunday 3/21/2009 - Prospect Park Duathlon
Sunday 4/26/2009 - Bassman Spring - Bass River State Forest (.5MS/29MB/4.2MR)
Sunday 5/3/2009 - Long Branch Half Marathon
Saturday 6/20/2009 - Wyckoff Triathlon (.5MS, 15MB, 5MR)
Early July Olympic?
Sunday 8/23/2009 - Timberman Triathlon
September 9/13/2009 - Nation's Triathlon DC
October Sprint? (Bassman fall sprint 1st weekend)

So what's the blog about? Well, I've been stalking reading at least a dozen or so blogs over the past couple months of other runners/cyclists/triathletes. It's kind of exciting to see other people involved in the same kind of stuff and how much support there is. Which brings me to basically what I'm looking for. While I've pretty much always managed to stay healthy and active, my default position seems to be relaxation. Don't get me wrong, I get itchy to go out for a ride or run and feel incredible after doing so, but sometimes the couch seems so comfy. I basically need a little larger support group, of sorts, to give a proverbial kick in the ass. Hopefully this blog will also help to keep track of the ups/downs of training. Stay tuned for bigger and better things!

1 comment:

sbrtv said...

Thanks for the follow/link/stalking! I'll be at Hyannis and Timberman too and will look out for 'ya.

Looking forward to following the training updates.