Sunday, January 11, 2009

Big training Sunday

Today was my day #1 of the bootcamp workout. 6am wake up, Kashi Go Lean with a little Kashi cocoa granola added in. For those of you in the North East you'll know we got hit with snow. Well, here in NJ it was more like ice. I get out to my car to discover it covered in 1/4" of ice. After warming up for 10mins and blasting the defroster, I was able to clear the front, back, and front side windows. The roads sucked, but I made it on time. Only 6 people showed up, 9 didn't. Wimps!

The workout was great. Fast paced, variation between aerobic and anaerobic exercises, with only a few shorts rests, light jog while she explained the exercises. The one exercise I want to talk about is the Snow Angel. That's a video of it. We didn't have those fancy discs though. Damn! It is TOUGH! I could get my legs up, but my back? Forget about it! I guess that means I've really neglected my core. Jeez, and I thought I was doing a good job with it. This girl next to me was rockin' at it. I think I got chicked!

The class was 45 mins long. Afterwards drove to the gym with a few people from the class. Refuled with 2 clementines, 1/2 bananna, and some more Kashi granola. Then just prior to the 9am spin one of the girls in the bootcamp showed me some rotator cuff exercises. It was new stuff for me, so nice to learn something different. That only lasted about 15 mins then off to spin.

41:57 average HR 158. I thought the class was a little shorter than normal. Because the time includes a short warmup and short cool down. I had a couple great sprints and pushed the HR well into the 170's. Sprints are my fave.

Once I got home showered, put away the gym bag, and made another breakfast. 3 scrambled eggs with 2 slices of american on whole wheat toast, 2 sausage patties (small ones) , and coffee. (I love coffee!) I also tried this natural no calorie sweetener (it's actually in the supliment aisle in places like Whole Foods) called Stevia. Man is that sweet! I think I'm going to stick to regular sugar and run an extra lap or two.

One of the best things about this whole training thing is eating. I love food! By 11am I had ate three times already. I'm already planning a small tuna sandwich at about 12:30. Haven't thought about dinner yet.

OK. I've rambled enough, happy training everyone!

2 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Glad to hear your first bootcamp session was good! Sorry to hear about the nasty weather... we are looking at another blizzard warning through tomorrow afternoon here... blech. I am so sick of snow!

Kelly said...

That is one seriously hardcore morning! I'm lucky if I can pull out a 30 minute workout.
And you do seem to eat a lot... but it's rediculously healthy.