Monday, February 23, 2009

Name that tune.... Err bike...

Steve's new addition to his family has inspired me to name my bike. This is an old picture, last summer, in the hotel waiting for my first triathlon. Since then she's spent many days becoming a dirty girl; I always give her a good cleaning when we get home. The toe clips are gone in favor of clipless pedals. (Plus a couple scratches from my failed first attempt to dismount on said clipless pedals, sorry hun). One more bottle cage has been added, a black one on the seat tube. She's got a new tooshie, I mean saddle bag (you can't see the old one in this pic). I've also given hooked her up with a computer, except it doesn't seem to work right, so I probably connected something wrong.

Do any names come to mind? I am partial to female names beacuse road bikes are graceful, sleek, and sexy. Maybe a 'cross bike would be male, but road and tri bikes definiately have the best traits of a woman.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Badgergirl said...

My bike's a year old. She still doesn't have a name either. Maybe this year.

Kelly said...

Kelly? No, only kidding. What about Alice? That was the name of my first car. Or Gretchen?

X-Country2 said...

The top 100 baby names would probably give you some great ideas. Assuming you like names like Emma and Sohpie.

Kelly said...

It won't let me leave a commen on your newest pos, so this will have to do. It sucks that you are sick (but good that you're feeling better!). Your jobs sounds like it would be hard to call off sick... all that work to do. I like that when I call off sick, that's the end of it... the rest of the work is up to them.