Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Short Skirt/Long Jacket

Yesterday I was hoping to get out of school not much past 3:30, but just as I was nearing packing up my Independent Study student came in and asked for help. Despite my efforts to convince him to come Wednesday I said yes, then didn't get out of school until almost 4:30. I got home 5:15-ish with a little light left and temperatures just below 50, but dropping quickly I headed out for a run.

I was hoping to make the run a 3 miler, easy recovery from Sunday's ride, legs are still a little sore today. But I only have a 2 mile loop and a 5 mile loop which I have GMaps'ed out. So I did the 2 mile loop and what I thought would be half of that. It turned into a 3.62 mile run in 32 minutes, time off of the iPod clock (ran out of the house so quick I forgot the HRM). Overall it was an 8:50 pace, but the first two were definitely MUCH faster, didn't check the clock for a time. The run was great, didn't feel like I was over exerting myself and that I was really running a recovery pace. Which is EXCELLENT. If 8:50 feels like recovery I can't wait to see what I can do on a tempo run! It's good to see my running is getting better, despite the limited number of runs per week. This is great news for a triathelete!

Tonight it's grad class, then swimming. Tomorrow swimming, then grad class. Thursday = busy day.

4 comments:

teacherwoman said...

You are busy busy busy!

Frayed Laces said...

Should have taken your student running with you!

Renee said...

Good job on the run!

Rachel said...

Nice job! I love the "beat the sunset" workouts.