Saturday, March 21, 2009

Productive Saturday

I love days when I wake up leisurely semi-early and get to lounge around. Today I woke up well rested at about 8:15am. Made coffee, bowl of cereal, and sat down to read the newspaper. Then I updated Quicken, paid some bills and showered. All of this was done before 10am. Then I jumped into the car, stopped at two banks, and got a haircut, all before 12. Ate lunch on the road then came home.

From here on I was able to get in a 15 mile bike ride in 1:03 immediately followed by a 2.1 mile run in 17:20. I'm pleased with the bike pace since I had to deal with traffic lights, traffic, and the occasional stop sign. I'm really pleased with the run pace. Now that there's a little more warm weather I'm getting back into my 8 min area miles. After the blog update it's a shower then catch up on some netflix before a movie tonight with the girl. Well, she's not really a "the girl" right now. We've only gone out a smattering of times over the past month or so, due to both of our busy schedules, so I guess for now she's the un-official "the girl".

7 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Unfortunately my Saturday hasn't been as productive as yours... I slept in late, after a late night of dancing and drinking, and then spent most of this afternoon helping a friend's family sandbag their yard to prepare for flooding.. yay. Now it's bball time. :)

Badgergirl said...

Not as productive here either, just lunch with the niece and nephews before sneaking in a run. And like teacherwoman, it's time for so more basketball tonight. :)

Kelly said...

AWW an "unofficial girl". Does she know you've called her this? Adorable.

Melanie said...

love productive days like that, and the temperatures certainly help! have fun with "the girl"

Chad in the AZ Desert said...

That sure was a productive day. Great job!

Renee said...

If your instinct was the call her "the girl" then I think it will be official before too long, busy schedules or not!

Curly Su said...

Sounds like a great day, and good for you for getting out on your bike. I need to do that too...