Saturday, March 28, 2009

Working on the cycling tan!

Whoo hoo! Today was the first day riding without tights! I not sure which is brighter, my green jersey or my white legs. Either one would make a good signal to motorists. I still haven't shaved so it's good I didn't pass any real cyclists on the road. My winter fur might have made them gawk at me. Speaking of... Shave or wax? Last year would be the first year I ever went the smooth leg route, always shaved. Shaving would be easier, already have all the materials, but I hear waxing lasts longer. I'm hesitant, because I'm not sure if I'm man enough to wax my legs. Tomorrow morning it's spin class. Oh and tonight, out with unofficial "the girl". ;)

9 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Waxing could be painful.. do you think you could handle that pain up and down your legs? LOL! You can't be much whiter than me!

Kelly said...

Yay for the ride. I didn't know male cyclists shaved or waxed their legs. Guess it makes sense. I say shaving though. Maybe nair for men?

Chloe said...

Welcome to the cool tan line club! :)

Ugh. Waxing legs stink. Just a bit of pain there :) Nair works well too - specially since you have a winter coat. But - if you can take the smell!

Good luck on the 'date'!

Hi! I'm Erin said...

Just get in the habit of shaving your legs every time you shower and you won't care how long it lasts. That's what I do!

Jamie said...

Definitely shave. I have never waxed, but I can't imagine that the extra pain is worth the convenience of not doing it as often.

Nair works, but you can only go about half way up your thigh. There is a reason they tell you not to use that stuff near your "wedding present." Trust me.

Kelly said...

Oooo I'm jealous of the biking. I woke up to SNOW this morning!

And I have no shave vs wax opinion because I'm too scared to wax. It looks painful!

Chad in the AZ Desert said...

Shave or wax? I'm so glad I'm a runner and don't have to answer that question. ;-)

I hope your white legs aren't burned now.

Curly Su said...

well waxing hurts... but from a girl's perspective (who has to wax much more sensitive areas than the legs), if you have the money, it's definitely worth it. don't try to do it yourself though; you'd regret it.

Philip said...

Great Blog site. I loved it will follow with interest