Thursday, August 13, 2009

Good day

Last night I did my first group ride. I've always rode by myself or with a friend, never a real group. This was with the county bike club. They've got several rides every day: morning, day, and evening. My brother and I decided to join up with a C* group. We figured it would be a good way to test the waters. The ride was nice. About 75 degrees, but really cloudy, being an evening ride we had to turn in early and did just under 16 miles.

This afternoon I decided to go out on my own. I was all set to do my 20 mile route when I felt a few rain drops. Not wanting to get caught in rain/thunderstorm I decided to head closer to home and do a bunch of hill repeats. I managed to do this for about 45 minutes and avoided rain.

Tomorrow I've got a 9:30am spin class then maybe riding on my own, weather dependent. Sunday is a bike tour with the same club I rode last night. The members managed to convince me to go for the 50 mile ride instead of the 25 I signed up for. They do have a way to bail out at mile 40, plus it's fully SAG supported, the best way to try my first 50 miler!

3 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Wow. You're a cycling machine! :)

Badgergirl said...

Lots of time on your bike this week! Good luck on the 50-miler on Sunday.

X-Country2 said...

I'm doing my first group(ish) ride on Sunday, and I'm super nervous. Glad to hear you liked the group. Good luck with that 50 miler. That's next on my list!