Wednesday, August 12, 2009

MIA

Hello all... Some of you may remember me. I'm Dave. I had... err.... have a blog here. I first want to apologize for my absence. I've been secretly reading everyone's blogs, by secretly I mean without any comments. My absence was due to many things, good and bad. The short of it.....
  1. Lost my job (still looking for one)
  2. Traveled to Germany, Chicago, Orlando, Hartford
  3. Finished classes for one graduate degree (12 credits away for another, but dependent on getting a job to pay tuition)
  4. Losing job has made me reconsider my career path.... Thinking about going to law school.
  5. Have visited 5 law schools (Still need to take LSAT)
  6. Studying for comprehensive exams in order to complete first graduate degree.
  7. Oh yea... And the girl I mentioned once or twice previously.... She is now "The Girl". I've really found someone who adds so much to my life and is so supportive of both of our lives. (OK enough mushy stuff)
As far as training..... Many of the above mentioned items has resulted in me canceling well... All of my planned races for 2009. The travel was the first major hurdle which slowed training. Then losing a job would make it unwise to pay for hotel/travel "just for a triathlon".

Since I've returned home and things are settling down I've managed to slowly get back on the exercise track. Unfortunately since last summers triathlon experience and this summers lack of triathloning I've put on about 14 lbs. Ugh!

Most of my training has consisted of weight training at the gym and cycling on my own. Very little running and no swimming since February. Ugh! But now it's time to get things in order! I'm going to get going and work myself back into shape!

6 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Welcome back! I was shocked to see you on the top of my blogroll! LOL Good luck job hunting!

Kelly said...

Welcome back!! Aww to "the girl". Boo to the job-losing.

Get back out there and log some miles!

Badgergirl said...

Welcome back!

Sorry to hear about losing your job, but thumbs up to hear about "the girl."

Kelly said...

Welcome back! Good luck in finding a job and/or the new career path. Glad to see you!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

sorry about the job, but yay about the 'girl'! Happy training :)

Runner Leana said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! Sorry to hear about the job, but good news about the girl!