Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Man down

My unlucky 2009 has continued to be unlucky. Yesterday I road out on my bike with the intention of riding about 40 miles. I was headed off to a park roughly 15 miles away, but 5.25 miles into it I was riding straight, car turning left, car decided not to yield and smack, I ran right into his front quarter panel and rolled down his hood.

Yes, helmet was on, always is. I didn't hit my head at all and I was up and walking around pretty much right away. My shoulder and knee started to swell up a bit, but I decided I'd rather get myself to a hospital than an ambulance. Got the police report done, a friend who I owe a lot to now, picked me and my destroyed bike up and drove me to the hospital.

Several hours and 15 or so xrays on my shoulder, chest, and hand they discovered a non-displaced fracture on my left ring finger. Ibuprofen has been working for the pain and I have an appointment with an orthopedist on Monday.

Here's to a better 2010! Oh and wear your helmet!!!

P.S. I'm picking up xrays tomorrow. I'll try and scan some to share my sexy bone structure. Safe Swim/Bike/Run all!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Ouch! I always wonder how the drivers react in a situation like this (horrified? appalled? angry? indifferent?), so make sure to include that tidbit along with your sexy bone structure next time.

Badgergirl said...

Ouch! Feel better soon and looking forward to seeing the X-rays.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Yikes! Glad you wear a helmet! Hope you recover well!