Thursday, October 29, 2009

Getting back into things

Tonight I attempted my first run since the accident. A friend of mine (and The Girl's) lives in the same town as me. Her facebook status was "still at work, not getting that run in". I messaged her that I'd run with her after work. She said yes. Good way for both of us to get out. It wasn't long, just under 3 miles. It's what she aimed for and since I haven't run in over a month is a good start.
We're already planning another run. I've never had a running buddy before. This is pretty cool. Pushups are getting easier each day. I'm staying on the knees for now. It'll probably be at least another 2 weeks before I attempt real pushups.

5 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

glad you're recovering, and starting to get back out there!!

DaisyDuc said...

Wow, that sounds like a rough accident. Best of luck in your continued progress!

PS I will have to look for ya at REV 3 events!

teacherwoman said...

Having a running buddy is great. I miss having my sister around for that reason.

Becca said...

Good luck with everything!

Rachel said...

Glad to hear you are starting back at it. Hope you're healing well!