Monday, March 15, 2010

Keeping Honest

Physical therapy is done!  Friday was my last day.  My therapist gave me a TShirt with their company logo as my 'diploma'.  I'm excited.  I've made some tremendous progress in the past couple weeks.  In some ways I feel that my shoulders are stronger now than before the accident.  I'm still having some strength issues with rotation, but that's been getting MUCH better over the past three weeks or so.  I'm very confident that I'll be able to continue to make progress on my own. 

PT has consumed a lot of my evening time, three times a week for about 2 hours a pop, so my gym visits have been scattered as of late.  I just laid out my schedule for the next three weeks, through the end of March.  My goal?  Swim!!!! How much have I swam so far in 2010?  Well, a big fat goose egg!  Now that I've got flexibility and strength back in my shoulder I think swimming will be a great next step.  The goal?  Tuesday after class, Thursday after teaching, and Saturday morning (while The Girl is at dance class).  Yea, three times a week.  For someone who isn't a swimmer that's probably a lot.  But since cycling is on hold until I can work on getting a new bike I might as well work on the sport which I'm weakest at.  Right? 

Now to the keeping honest part.  I'm still doing the Burpee Challenge with Kelsalynn, but somehow I thought today was day 12.  I just checked and it was 13!!!!  I did 12 burpees at the gym this afternoon, but once I realized it was day 13 jumped out of my chair and hit the floor for one more!  That's keeping honest! 

Here's me showing off my 'diploma'. 

Front

















Back

2 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Congrats on graduating from PT! :) I am sure you are just thrilled! Have fun getting back into the pool!

kelsalynn said...

Yay for gragitation :P and for the burpees.

How are you 1 day ahead of me? If you see my ticker, I'm only on 12. I did 11 yesterday. How did that happen? I haven't counted days on the calendar or anything so I'm strictly going off my little ticker. Maybe IT'S wrong?

It's weird how from 1 day to the next, i can't remember what # I'm on! It should be easier right?