Tuesday, August 7, 2012

"Last" Core Class

Today was my last regularly scheduled core class*** of the summer semester! Entering the summer I didn't really plan on teaching core, but I am so glad I did. It has really helped me to think about fitness outside of cycle classes. I have spent a lot of time trying new and challenging core exercises. I was constantly tweaking three classes, but today I decided to create a fourth! I took one of the three classes that has seemed to work and removed a couple exercises, reordered others, and added a few. 

Timing was great and with the warm-up and cool-down was able to bring the class right in at 30 minutes. I wasn't pleased with the Long Arm Crunch. I'm not sure if it's the exercise, placement, or my ability to do it. Comments?

Super Set #1
  • Bicycle
  • Snow Angels
  • Vertical Leg Crunch
Super Set #2
  • Single Leg Lower
  • Long Arm Crunch
  • Oblique Twist
Super Set #3
  • Prone Leg Lift – L Arm w/R Leg alternate
  • Side Plank
  •  Walking Hand Plank
***This summer on Tuesday's I've been teaching a Cycle and Core back-to-back. So today was the last regular class. I did pick up an extra Core class tomorrow night. I plan to use this same workout again for another try at it.

No comments: