Saturday, August 4, 2012

USA! USA! USA!

The day has finally arrived! I made my USA/I-95 Olympic Playlist over a month ago, but today (right now in fact) I'm teaching my final Saturday Cycle 60 of the summer! Taylor Swift was removed from PA and Trip 66 "One Desire" was added instead. Although she was born in PA at age fourteen she moved to Nashville. I think we can all agree that she's more Tennessee than Pennsylvania.

I've definitely been hooked on the Olympics and pretty much have NBC or NBC Sports on for a good part of the day. Favorite event? I'm a sucker for just about all of the swimming events. Why? I've pretty much always been a terrible swimmer. Back in summer '09 I took lessons, which helped significantly, but since then I don't think I've been in a pool for anything other than lounging. I learned how to swim at a young age, but fun swimming, not athletic swimming at all. Pacing and breathing have really held me back with my swimming success.


No comments: